Monday, June 23, 2014

The end of an era

Aidan's very last baby tooth came out over the weekend. Sigh. While I am not one to get all melodramatic or overtly sentimental, it still brought a bit of a catch to our throats as we realized that a chapter in our boy's life has come to a close.

Belief in the Tooth Fairy made it until the second to last baby tooth. When Aidan asked us point blank if there was a Tooth Fairy or did we swap the tooth for money, we had to come clean. He took the news well, probably better than we did, and acknowledged that it had been fun idea in which to believe. I am still amazed that he never caught us making the swap, as clumsy as we were at times!

Times they are a-changing and most of the time, I will say that is a good thing. But every once in a while, I can't help but look back and yearn just a bit.

No comments: