Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mommy swap #3

At least once a year, sometimes more, the Motherhood Later group on Ravelry has a swap. I participated in the fall 2008 swap and the spring 2009 swap, so I was excited when this spring's swap was announced.

We did another secret swap, which means that your swap recipient does not know that you have her name until she receives the package. I received Lucy from Manchester, UK, and since I have learned from her posts that she is fun and creative, I knew that I would have fun putting together her package.

And I did! Our theme was green, however we chose to interpret it. I started by knitting a set of three cotton cloths in my favorite Double Bump cloth pattern.


I also included in the package:
  • Malabrigo lace yarn and pattern - Lucy indicated in her questionnaire that she wants to try knitting lace, so I bought some green lace yarn and pattern written specifically for that yarn;
  • T-shirt bag – I adore how this old child’s t-shirt has been repurposed into a bag (although not by me - love love LOVE Etsy), and it is green;
  • A copy of the book Love You Forever – Robert Munsch is one of our favorite authors of books for children, and this little book is a favorite in our house. When I saw this gently used copy, I knew I had to include it so Lucy could read it to her little guy;
  • Penzeys spices – Lucy likes to cook, so I sent some spices from my favorite spice retailer. The chili powder is the best I have ever used, the Italian Herb mix is one of our family favorites and gets used quite frequently, and the Green Goddess mix I had to get because of the name alone!
  • Chocolate bar – nothing green about it, just good ol’ chocolate and isn’t that always appropriate for a swap package?
I also threw in a sample of Philosophy shower gel and a sample of Soak wool rinse.


I mailed the box on Wednesday, April 28 and had no idea how long it would take for it to arrive in England. Much to my surprise, Lucy received it yesterday - only one week later. She seemed pleased with her box o'goodies and thanked me profusely.

Now I am eagerly awaiting a package from my secret swap person!

No comments: