Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mommy swap #3, part 2

After the excitement of Lucy receiving the swap package that I prepared for her, I settled in to wait for my own package. I did not have long to wait - my box arrived on Monday. And the moment I saw the owls on the outside of the package, I knew that I was the lucky person who received a box from Laura, whose Ravelry ID is indigonightowl.

Lucky, lucky, lucky me! I opened the box to find it packed with brightly wrapped goodies:


I took out all the little packages and dove right in. First I unwrapped what Laura calls The Elegant Pirate Hat:


Laura knows that I have a strange fondness for skulls/crossbones and cute pirate gear, and she created this hat in two of my favorite colors. The accompanying note says "I had a constant vision of you wearing this hat the next time you had to shovel, and show that snow who is boss!" And indeed I will. She even lined it in skully flannel so my noggin will stay nice and warm next winter:


Laura also knew that I wanted a pair of fingerless mitts so she indulged that wish:


They are knit from MMMMMalabrigo so they are super soft and she knit them in a pattern that I have marked as a favorite on Ravelry. My hands are almost always warm so the fingerless mitts will work well for me in winter.

Laura is a spinner, so she made a custom skein of yarn for me using greens and blues from previous dyepots with bits of orange and yellow:


Again, the colors are so me.

But, wait, there's more! I am always short row counters so Laura sent me three of those, she sent a box of yummy assorted Mrs. Nelson’s chocolates (that surprisingly I am sharing with James and Aidan) and a skully cat toy for Spenser. Spenser was sound asleep upstairs when I opened the box and before I knew it, he was right there to investigate. I put the box on the floor while I found the camera, and guess who stuck his head in:


Wow, wow, wow. Laura really knocked my socks off with this package and sent things that are so me. What a wonderful way to extend and end an excellent Mother's Day.

No comments: