Friday, January 2, 2009

Things I want to do in 2009

As with last year, I am going to create a 'this year I would like to' list - nothing big, just things that are on my mind as needing a change.

In 2009, I would like to:
  • Make bagels. This was on my list last year and I never got around to it. I have all the tools, I just need to put my mind to it.
  • Organize my recipes. My recipe notebook is stuffed full of newspaper clippings, pages printed off the Internet, and scribbled notes. I need to sort, cull and put them in usable order.
  • Get active. This one is another repeat from last year. I loathe exercise but understand that my body and my mind will benefit from regular physical activity.
  • Stop worrying about making friends here. I have actively - even rather desperately at times - tried to make friends since moving here to Hooterville and I have failed dismally, so maybe if I sit back and stop stressing about it, it will happen naturally...and if it doesn't happen, I won't be any worse off.
  • Take more risks, live more spontaneously, and believe in myself more.
Happy new year!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Hi,
Followed you over from the Motherhood Later group. Your blog's not boring! MINE'S boring!

I love your comments on exercise/activity levels!! I'm right up there with you..except, I'm going to get myself active NOW. I read notes from other surgery patients. Those who had been most in-shape and active recovered quicker (4 weeks). I REALLY would rather recover quicker, so I'm doing our elliptical every other day now. Started this morning with 5 minutes. Hey, even dh who's been faithfully ellipticalling at the gym has trouble doing 15 on this machine! So, even tho I used to do 30 minutes at the gym, I'm OK with my 5 here at home on the "Killer" machine!

I'm glad you DID learn to knit & I've been able to get to know you a bit on Ravelry. Some day, I'd LOVE it if the ML group could meet somewhere. I think we'd all have a great time. But, for now, I will continue to ENJOY your company via internet. :o)

Take care...Laurel