So we had a little snow yesterday...very little. Big fat flakes came down for about 90 minutes. We got only a trace of snow on the ground, then it turned to sleet (or "sleets" as the anonymous voice over on the Weather Channel forecast says), then it turned to all rain. I think it rained all night.
It was a nasty nasty morning out there, about 34 degrees and raining hard. But it was rain, for which we are thankful. With J gone, I had morning bus stop duty and it was so nasty that I actually drove A to the bus stop, to which I am usually fundamentally opposed.
When the rain stopped, the sky was still that hazy shade of winter. Excellent song, by the way and rare for me, I actually liked the Bangles' cover of the original Simon and Garfunkel version.
"Hang onto your hopes my friend
That's an easy thing to say
But if your hopes should pass away
Simply pretend
That you can build them again.
Look around
Leaves are brown
There's a patch of snow on the ground."
No comments:
Post a Comment