My house is quiet. Well, I can hear the birds chirping outside and the thump of the dryer, but that is all. It is just Spenser the cat and me in the house and that is lovely.
My mother left this morning after a week-long visit. We had a good time and I am always glad to have her here, but I am not used to having someone around all of the time. Combine that with J and A being home for the three day Labor Day weekend and I have been experiencing people overload. Aside from being in the bathroom, I have not been by myself for a week, and it seemed as though someone was always talking to me. I missed my time alone...time to read the newspaper without interruption, time to think random thoughts, time to read my current book, time to watch Rock of Love (yes, you read correctly - it's a guilty pleasure).
So I am enjoying the quiet house and I think that Spenser is, too. He is off napping somewhere and I probably won't even see him until A gets home from school.
A good sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment