Newsflash: Raccoons like spaghetti! And, of course, the first question that should come to anyone's mind after reading such a statement is "How would you know?"
We ate sketty and meatballs for dinner one night last week and had quite a lot of cooked pasta left at the end of the meal. I packed up the leftover sauce and meatballs to freeze for another meal, but did not want to keep the leftover spaghetti...while I like most foods as leftovers, that courtesy does not extend to plain cooked pasta. I do try to be economical but since a pound of spaghetti is less than $1.00, I can't get all worked up about throwing out a few cents' worth.
So J suggested that instead of tossing into the garbage, we see if the raccoons would like it. We simply dumped it out on the floor of the deck and wondered if it would be there the next morning. Before we went to bed that night, I turned on the deck light and interrupted a raccoon mid-feast. There was spaghetti scattered over a four foot radius! I didn't know if that meant the raccoon really liked it or was really annoyed to find out there was no sauce or garlic bread.
The next morning revealed a pristine deck - not one bit of spaghetti remained. There may even have been a few lick marks still showing. So apparently raccoons have not bought into the no-carb trend and are more than happy to help us get rid of leftover pasta.
No comments:
Post a Comment