Let's start with the shower. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we turned our attention to the downstairs bathroom because the shower leaked; it appears that the person who rehabbed our house never sealed between the shower pan and the shower stall, so that water leaked out anytime the shower was used. It was that way since the day we moved into the house. James first removed the flimsy shower stall and even flimsier shower base, and with the help of our neighbor Ben, who is a plumber by trade and an incredibly nice guy, properly installed a sturdy shower pan. Then James installed subway tile on the three sides of the shower stall, adding one row of beige glass blocks for interest:
Gorgeous, and it does not leak!
We had a lot of wasted space just inside the door on the left side, so James made a cabinet to fit the space:
What a great use of that space and pretty, too. The sink vanity was an ugly, nameless color so we painted it white to match the cabinet:
We chose a lovely biscuit color for the walls in an eggshell finish, and chose to accent with black and white:
Love the shower curtain:
Here is a close-up of the wall decal next to the sink:
How fun is that? I decided that since I always seem to say that phrase, I might as well put it on the bathroom wall in the form of a vinyl wall decal from Trading Phrases.
Applause, applause! What was once an eyesore is now a lovely, light bathroom that we are proud to have guests use, and is now the preferred bathroom of everyone in the house. Well done, James!







1 comment:
I'm one of the few people who used the old, leaky shower. Nice job on the improvements, James! The toile shower curtain is a nice touch.
Post a Comment