Friday, November 23, 2012

And a good meal was had by all

Here was the menu at our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday:
  • Turkey
  • Cornbread dressing (made by my mother, who makes the BEST cornbread dressing)
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Gravy
  • Creamed corn
  • Cranberry sauce, both homemade and jellied straight from the can
  • Homemade rolls
  • Apple pie
  • Chocolate chess pie
Whew. I used my new mini pie pans from King Arthur Flour, so we didn't have two full size pies. The mini pies were the perfect size.

We brined our turkey this year using a recipe from Emeril Lagasse:


That 48 cent per pound turkey (love love love my Wegmans) was both beautiful and delicious:


As you can see, I don't put any effort into fancy table decorations or linens; instead, I put lots of effort into preparing delectable food:


And Thanksgiving dinner at our house was well the effort.

No comments: