Thursday, May 31, 2012

Baldwinsville Memorial Day parade 2012

Our little village of Baldwinsville holds its Memorial Day parade on the traditional holiday date of May 30 and not the observed holiday, which is the last Monday in May, so our parade was yesterday. Why not a parade in the middle of the week? The weather was perfect, sunny and warm, but not hot. When the parade started at 6 pm, there was a lovely little breeze to make the numerous U.S. flags flutter.

Aidan participated in the parade with his Cub Scout pack and cut quite the dashing figure in his uniform:


He claims that he walked most of the parade route but by the time he reached our house, he was riding on the float - he is in the back, next to the man in red:
 
 

I adore seeing the active duty military personnel and the veterans:



I adore the bagpipers:


I especially adore the classic cars:




And I adore the fire truck from Cody:


No comments: