I had the best seat possible for yesterday's Memorial Day parade. We are on the parade route and I was able to sit in shaded comfort on the porch, cool beverage at hand. This year's parade did not disappoint - there were veterans, marching bands, kids in wagons, a red white and blue dog, politicians, firefighters, bagpipes, awesome vintage cars, community groups. But once again I wondered, where were the beauty queens?
James and Aidan marched with the Cub Scouts again. Aidan rode part of the way in one of the Cub cars - he is waving at me in this photo:

Apparently I was so excited to see James carrying the flag that I jostled the camera when I snapped his photo:

Enjoy the parade!









3 comments:
Is the fire truck Cody Township? I like living in a small town too. Will all the parades be passing by your house--I bet they will! Next up 4th of July!
Would that be Cody Township on the fire truck? I bet you are on the route of all the town parades. Next up 4th of July. I'm glad I live in a small town, too, but I can go to the near by big city whenever I want, which is hardly ever!
I looked it up and Cody is a fire district in Granby, NY, which is located in SW Oswego County.
B'ville doesn't have an Independence Day parade but we do have fireworks over the river, and we will be able to see them from the party porch!
Post a Comment