Thursday, August 12, 2010

Surfer dude

Mom surprised Aidan with an overnight stay at Wilderness at the Smokies waterpark resort. We arrived shortly before noon on Monday, because although check-in time is 4 pm, you can start using the water parks at noon on the day of your arrival. For the next five+ hours, Aidan and I played in the indoor waterdome.

Oh, my. From the people watching (as much as I could see without my glasses) to the various attractions, there was much to keep us busy. When we finally retired to the room to clean up for dinner, we were exhausted. Particularly me - keeping pace with an eight year old is no easy feat! I had been pommeled by the waves in the wave pool and had even ridden down the Trail Twister tube slides twice.

We played another hour the next morning (including a ride down Storm Chaser - eek! What was I thinking?) before cleaning up and checking out. Aidan had a marvelous time, particularly on the surf rider:



No comments: