Wednesday, February 24, 2010

They have sticks and they know how to use them

One of the reasons that we wanted to move back to a university town was to take advantage of the athletic and cultural events that universities offer. On Sunday, we went to our second Syracuse University sporting event when we watched the SU women's lacrosse team play Stanford University.

Neither James nor I know the first thing about lacrosse except that the object of the game is to put your team's ball into the other team's goal, and that a lacrosse stick is used to catch, carry, and pass the ball. I still don't know much about the game except that it is fast, and great fun to watch. The players were practically a blur as they ran full speed up and down the field, which is why I have no clear action shots of the game!

Here is the SU team just prior to the start of the game:


We were very pleased to see the Orange win:


Did I mention that this afternoon of great sporting spectating fun was free? Admission was free, even parking at the Carrier Dome was free. And you can't beat free with a stick, even a lacrosse stick.

No comments: