Friday, January 22, 2010

Heaven in a bakery box

Soon after moving to Syracuse, James was told about a bakery that sells the most wonderful bread, pastries and baklava. After only one visit, he was also extolling their virtues and once I tasted their wares during our October visit, I knew that he was not exaggerating.

I am madly in love with Geddes Bakery. Where to begin? They bake the most marvelous, crusty, chewy Italian bread that you can imagine. Their baklava is everything baklava should be: dense, moist and totally decadent. The almond horns are to die for and the canoli is fabulous. They make many other items but I have not tried them all. Yet.

This morning the cutest little old lady waited on me, patiently answered my questions, called me "hon", politely ignored my drooling, and wrapped everything up in a bakery box tied with string. What's not to love?

My only complaint about Geddes Bakery is that it is located in North Syracuse and not in my village. Then again, if Geddes were an easy walk instead of a 20 minute drive, I might go there too often...

No comments: