
While I like the look of candy corn, I cannot abide the taste of it - might as well eat pure sugar, in my opinion. But when I saw a pattern for a candy corn hat, I knew I had to make it for Aidan.
I first followed the directions for the medium or child size hat, and did not like the way it turned out - way too pointy at the top. On my second attempt, I followed the medium directions until round 38, where I switched to the large directions; I like the final product much better.
I am not crazy about knitting with acrylic yarn, but it is just the fiber for a novelty child's hat. And the white yarn glows in the dark - too funny!
Aidan was not in the mood to pose, so please excuse the cheesy photos! (He is also recovering from a sty in his left eye, so please excuse the ick)


No comments:
Post a Comment