Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Be thankful that you are one of the lucky ones"

I am tardy in posting the following link to an eyewitness account of 11 September 2001. It was sent to me last Friday via email and it has stayed with me since. I think it is always very important to view your life realistically and to remember that it likely can always be worse.

In the account, Diane Swonk, Chief Economist at Mesirow Financial, recounts what happened to her on that fateful day, and I particularly appreciate the following lines: "Remember those we lost on 9/11 and all those since then, including the casualties of the Great Recession. Take a meal to a family who is hungry, donate a coat to the homeless who will soon have to weather the winter and, for at least one moment, stop blaming and be thankful that you are one of the lucky ones."

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Thank you MA. I get goosebumps everytime I read it.

Geri said...

Knit someone less fortunate a nice warm hat, mittens or a pair of socks.