Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy anniversary, Motherhood Later group!

Today is the one year anniversary of the formation of the Motherhood Later Rather Than Sooner group on Ravelry. Woohoo! The group is for knitting and/or crocheting mommies who have given birth at age 35 or older. What a great group of women - this is the group in which I have participated in two swaps, and one of two groups that I visit multiple times a day.

One of the members came up with a great way to celebrate our anniversary: "...wouldn’t it be nice to send a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) to a good friend you’ve made in the group, something you know they would love or have wished for in conversations, and you could make it happen? Maybe it’s a thing you make or buy, but it would represent a celebration of online friendship that we wouldn’t have without this group. I’m not talking like a full swap package; just a symbolic item."

I adore this idea - just sending a little surprise to another member of the group, just because. And the woman who made this great suggestion is the person that I chose to gift first with a set of felted coasters:


I got her address from one of the last swap moderators and sent the coasters in the mail yesterday, with a little note telling her how I have enjoyed getting to know her on Ravelry. Not a big gift at all, just a little something to say "I appreciate your friendship", and I hope that when she uses them she will think of her friend in Georgia.

Now, what and to whom should I gift my next RAK?

No comments: