Yesterday was my birthday and I turned 38 - again! Funny how that works. It's not that I am ashamed of my age; it's just that I am to the point where I don't think it is really anyone's business. Kind of like espionage: my age is on a "need to know" basis and most people simply don't need to know.
Since my birthday was in the middle of the week, normal life still had to go on for the most part. Mom called me just after James and Aidan left to meet the bus, to wish me "happy birthday" before our respective days got busy. I spent my usual Wednesday morning in Aidan's class, then went to pick up my birthday cake - carrot cake, yum. While out, I also picked up a free birthday burrito from Moe's. Sure I came home and ate it by myself, but it sure was good. And free.
Aidan brought home happy birthday news that he had been good in school, for the third day in a row. And James' manager sent him home early in honor of my birthday - well, he was home by 3:45 - so I did not have to prepare dinner. Instead, we got pizza from one of my favorite places, which makes a New York style pizza pie. Yum, followed by more yum with the cake.
I received some very nice presents and lots of cards both traditional and electronic, so it was a lovely day all around.
But I am still NOT a year older.
No comments:
Post a Comment