Friday, March 14, 2008

Blahg

I just don't have anything particularly interesting to blog about lately and nothing about which I am particularly fired up. So here are some odds and ends:
  • A's birthday is in less than two weeks, so I am getting preparations made. We are not having a party, but will have a fun outing on the weekend following to a science museum in Atlanta. He keeps changing what he wants to bring to his class on his birthday - this morning he told me doughnuts.
  • I am more than halfway done on the ribbed scarf I am knitting. The ribbing is going well; I have only had to unknit rows a few times to correct mistakes. I adore the deep turquoise color of the yarn, but the scarf will be a bit scratchy so I don't know that I will use this particular yarn again. It is also very dense and will definitely be a scarf for the coldest weather.
  • I had coffee this week with a woman from my mommies' group, who is 8.999999 months pregnant with her second child and started her maternity leave from work last Monday. It was only the second time we had ever met in person but for two hours, we talked non-stop. Despite an age difference of about 12 years, we have many interests in common and think similarly on many issues. It was a treat to find someone with whom I can discuss politics and social issues seriously and without righteous indignation.
  • March Madness is upon us. I am a lukewarm basketball fan at best, but I suddenly become an avid fan in March. All things being equal, I much prefer to watch women's basketball rather than men's (they play a more strategic game) but men's certainly gets more coverage. The ACC men's tournament is this weekend and in honor of my friend and former boss Cathy, I will be cheering for the University of North Carolina Tarheels.
And tomorrow is, of course, the 15th of March. Beware the Ides of March!

1 comment:

Geri said...

Often if you wash the scarf, the yarn will soften nicely. Soak in warm water (but do not agitate - especially if it's 100% wool), gently squeeze water out and wring the rest of the water out by rolling it in a towel then lay flat to dry.