When you live with a five year old, you are never quite sure of what he is going to say next...and sometimes, you wish he would keep certain information to himself!
A begged me to buy Pillsbury ready-to-bake cookies that are green and shaped like Christmas trees. You simply pull them out of the sheet of pre-cut cookies, put on a pan and bake. Convenient? Yes. Festive? Yes. Tasty? No. Although I have never tried to eat baked Play Dough, I am guessing that it probably tastes like these cookies.
I bought a package and we baked them earlier this week. I have allowed A to eat them for dessert and sent them in his lunch one day; after the first taste, neither J nor I has eaten any additional cookies. Tonight after we finished eating dinner, I asked A if he wanted any dessert. Of course he did, but he informed that he did not want to eat any more of the Christmas tree cookies because "they make my poop green." Too much information, for sure. I managed to not laugh, and assured him that he did not have to eat any more of the cookies. And then also mentioned that there are certain subjects that are not discussed at the dinner table!
The raccoons will be the recipients of the rest of the cookies (two or three per night - don't want any rodent tummy aches). I don't care if the cookies turn the raccoon's poop green, and I feel quite sure that the raccoons don't care, either.
1 comment:
HA HA HA - out of the mouths of babes!!! LOL
It reminds me of the horrified looks on your faces when A said "A fart got Daddy" at the dinner table. I had just read him the Robert Munsch book, "Good People Don't" where the fart 'gets' all the grownups in the story but you had no idea where he got that idea.
HA HA HA
Post a Comment