First, the good news: over the next ten days, I will have more time to read, I will go to bed at a reasonable hour, I will not pace the floors and, unless I eat something that does not agree with me, my stomach will remain knot-free.
The bad news: the Cleveland Indians did not win the American League championship last night and will not be playing in the 2007 World Series.
"Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville - mighty Casey has struck out."
And this morning, I hate baseball.
1 comment:
Sorry about your Indians, MaryAnne. I've actually been reading this week, too! I picked up a couple of books in Buffalo at US prices which is 20 - 25% less than what we are charged in Canada.
Post a Comment